This past weekend was a lot of fun for our family. On Saturday morning the four of us traveled with Mom and Dad to Paul's house. Since his birthday was the 27th, we decided to head to his house for a sleepover. It was so much fun! Mallory and Miles were so excited when we finally made it (Miles stopped us three different times for a potty stop...that is a good thing though). We unloaded all of our things and settled in for fun. Food is always fun with Paul around...he LOVES to cook and is EXCELLENT at it too! We never went anywhere, but just sat around and enjoyed each other's company. It was wonderful! After our yummy dinner we celebrated Paul's birthday by singing to him. The birthday cake was delicious...good job Melissa!!!
After a few movies (I have no idea how many times Miles watched "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas"), a few games here and there, munching on yummies, it was time for bed. Now, you might think, "I bet your little people were so exhausted being that it was late that they went right to sleep" right? NOOOO! Mallory went to sleep without any problems at all, but Miles kept saying, "I want to go home now!" over and over and over...you get the point. Ryan finally had to take him in the van for a ride to get him calmed down. It was lovely! I believe it was about midnight before he truly fell asleep. I stayed up and talked with Paul and Melissa until almost 2! I do not regret it one bit!
We woke up bright and early on Sunday morning (7:39 to be exact) and went downstairs. M & M watched some early morning cartoons and slowly faces began appearing. We had a good breakfast...once again...Paul at work here! And then enjoyed doing this and that together. We were all sad when it was time to leave. I have this feeling that Paul and Melissa took a much deserved and much needed nap shortly after we left.
Speaking of nap...we were not even three minutes away from Paul's house when Miles asked, "Mommy, can you hold my hand? I'm going to take a nap now." It was so precious! He ended up sleeping most all of the way home with his new hippo on his lap. Mallory held on to herself for a little longer and fell asleep about halfway home. Her new penguin is in her lap. They both love their new friends:).
Paul...I hope that "Black Monday" was good to you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment