
Yesterday after school I had an unexpected visitor come in (a friend of mine). As we were talking a picture came up on my computer and she looked at it and said, "Ahhhhh". Being the proud mom I am I showed her some other pictures from when Mallory and Miles were younger. We oohhhed and aahhhed at them and shared memories of our children's pasts. I really enjoyed that conversation and hope for more in the future:).
That conversation made me think of Mallory in her "baby stage". She is growing into a really great young lady and is working to build her character each and everyday (trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship). Although she has her moments (like every child) she thinks of others and how to make the world a better place. She is my "tree hugger". The one who is quick to say, "We shouldn't use paper plates because they are not good for the environment. They waste trees." Now how many seven year olds would say

that?
Mallory has really become excited and is using her citizenship to help our new school. She took the responsibility to talk with her principal about having a bake sale to sell cookies to the students to earn money for the new playground (her idea). She learned yesterday that it is going to happen very soon. Can you imagine the feeling of pride she must feel? She was asked something very exciting from her principal yesterday afternoon (a secret that maybe I can share with you in pictures later) and cannot wait to buy cookies.

I am very proud of Mallory and know that Ryan is too. She is going to be very successful in life...but the hard part is keeping her on the right path.
No comments:
Post a Comment