
For being the first carnival I (and the other officers) have ever been a part of, it went very well. We only had three people of ALL the volunteers not able to fulfill their shifts. I was super pleased with that! We ended up going through two big pots of chili and LOTS of prizes. I think the prizes were a huge hit this year.
There was a lot of work that went into the carnival but it was more than rewarding to watch the students and their families enjoying our hard work. Next year we already know there will be much more room and that means more new games! Ryan already has a game idea ready to go!
I was in charge of the photo spot for part of the night. It was fun watching the students come for a picture and who they chose to be with and how they posed.

Lots of fun! One of my highlights of the evening was when one of my former "friends" (that is what I refer to past students as) who is now in middle school (I think eighth grade) came over to get his picture taken. He put his tickets into the box and said, "I want to get my picture taken. With you!" I almost cried! I was so honored at that moment. A few years back he wanted to apply for a certain program in Australia and asked me to write a letter of recommendation for him. I told him that I would as long as he promised to hold a koala bear for me once he made it there. He ended up being chosen and did hold a koala bear for me. That was so cool to see that picture in my inbox one day! But, it was even neater when he came back Friday night and asked for this picture. This one is going into a special place:).
No comments:
Post a Comment