This year has been different teaching. I know in the distance there is a new school being built. The feeling I have inside brings me back to my senior year of high school. I feel as though I have senioritis. I am working my tail off to give my students the best education possible but I know the stuff that lines the walls of my classroom will soon be where it belongs...in a cabinet. I cannot wait!!!
Earlier this week I went through the new building for my third tour and boy has it ever changed. My wing is always ahead of the others. I guess that makes me special:). My principal was kind enough to invite Ryan to come along since he drives by the school many times on a daily basis. He was thrilled with her invitation and jumped at the chance to come.
I was not prepared for the progress that had been made on the inside. Some of the wall coverings were up and the colors looked so nice. We have a lot of different blues and tans and it sure does look nice. It amazes me each time I walk in the amount of work that has been done.
This time as I walked through the hallways a different feeling came over me. I know this is my future but it just seems surreal at this point. I have been in my building for fourteen years now and I have to admit that I am getting a little sad about leaving my building (I am a very sentimental person) but am very excited about having a building that will help me to teach my students more effectively. What could be better than that?
Anyhoodle...when I walked into what will be my classroom I was stunned! The ceiling tile was up, the wall covering was up, the tackable wall surface was ready, and my oh my...what do my eyes see????? A WHOLE WALL OF STORAGE!!!!! Can you tell I am excited about that???
Here is my wall of storage. The door is on the left and the sink area is also on the left. Isn't it the most beautiful thing you have ever seen? Trust me...it is for me!!!
This is the left wall as you face my cabinets. Once again, the tan is all tackable surface. The white is a small dry erase board. Oh...the possibilities!
Everything in this new building is being planned out so wonderfully by my principal. She is working hard to make sure we get good quality things that will last long after our teaching careers are past us. I cannot wait!!!
1 comment:
I am so happy for you!!!
Post a Comment