On Friday my school came together for a very special reason. Together we put items in a time capsule to be buried in our new school. I was amazed with how respectful the students were as our principal named each item, had a student stand up that had the item to show, and then tell why it had been chosen.
As I was sitting there I had one of those, "Hey, I've seen that before!" moments when a picture was shown. It was the picture I took when Ryan's boss had taken Mallory, Miles, and I up for a plane ride back in September. Our principal mentioned that I had taken the photo (and then it felt like all eyes were on me...which I am not comfortable with) and explained how. I looked over at Mallory and she looked at me. I gave her a smile and a thumbs up.
I was very thrilled inside to know that down the road (not probably while I am living) that a new generation will open that time capsule and see my picture along with my name. They will learn what life was like for us at our school and in our community in the year 2009. Can you imagine the changes they will see?
I feel more than honored to be such a part of something special:).
No comments:
Post a Comment