Sunday, January 11, 2009
A Winter Wonderland...On Ice
This afternoon Mallory, Miles, and I headed...once again...to Mom and Dad's house. You have to understand that we have been waiting for the ice to be just right for skating and the time has come. Mom and I cleared the ice (it snowed a little bit last night and this morning) and then I put skates on too. Mallory fell a few times. It amazes me how good she is getting.
Mallory figured out rather quickly that the snow was perfect to make a snow fort. The snow cannot be packed at this point to make a snowman, but the top is crusty enough that you could break it up to create snow blocks. Mallory began working on her fort and then with the help of Mom began expanding her domain. I do not know who was having more fun...Mom or Mallory. They had so much fun doing this together.
Miles on the other hand was having some fun on his own. He kept telling me that he was making "SuPolar Espress". Don't ask me how...but it made sense to him. He has such an amazing imagination for his age. He pretty much played by himself (I took the opportunity to skate) and was having a great time. He did run on the ice and slipped a few times too. Miles was content with his bucket and shovel. From time to time I looked over at him and would see snow flying through the air. Too funny!
Oh...to be young again! Mallory took this opportunity to get a little snow water to drink.
Believe it or not but the snow fort ended up being even taller than this picture! Now Mom and Mallory have plans to paint it somehow.
We know that the snow and ice will not be leaving us this week. The forecast is anything but warm for us (it is supposed to be near zero a few days this week...that is not counting wind chill) here. Mallory and Miles are hoping to get out on the ice again next weekend. Who knows what we might do then?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I enjoyed hearing all about the fort and skating from Mallory. She can take this day off to heal her wounded bum. :-) Thanks for sharing your entertaining stories on your blog. And a big thank you for having such an awesome daughter. I have enjoyed her company and enthusiasm for life. (This is nothing against Myles, I just don't ever see him in person.)
Post a Comment