Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Great Heirloom

Many years ago Ryan and I bought one of those crazy Santas that shakes his hips to the song "Jingle Bell Rock" for Grandma J. Just as we thought she enjoyed that thing and it always made her laugh. When she passed away we inherited it and have enjoyed it every Christmas since. It may be a silly Santa shaking his hips to most, but to us, it is something we look forward to getting out of the box this year. Mallory had inquired about it long before it was time to get our decorations out...it is that important to our house. When Miles saw the box he said, "That Santa dances!" We could not believe that even he remembered it last year. Last night I captured Miles dancing along with Santa and thought it was worthy enough to share with you. After taking this picture I danced along with Miles and Santa. Miles made sure that my hands were in the air just like Santa. I guess he is all about details!!!


I miss Grandma J a lot and always get teary eyed when I realize how much she would have enjoyed Mallory and Miles. I can still hear her laughing in my head at this Santa. I am thankful to have this shaking Santa to bring out every Christmas to remind me of her.

No comments: