Mallory received Elefun from Grandma and Grandpa and Miles a train book with real train pictures. He immediately opened that book up and flipped through and found the Durango Silverton. I am learning so much about trains from him! Other highlights for Miles included a "mote control car" from Uncle Paul and Melissa, new flannel Thomas jammies (the ones he has outgrown are currently making their way across country to his cousin Payton at Miles' request) and a new piece for his Geo Air system. That thing is awesome! Mallory's other highlights included
The greatest thing about this day was Mallory's conversation with me at bedtime. I made the comment that she had received some really nice gifts and she said, "Mommy, it's not about the gifts." Talk about a wow moment! During this season of caring I have been talking with Mallory a lot about helping others. She understands that. Even during our day with family she was working each of us for our change so she could take it to this dog bank at a local pizza place to help the animals at the humane shelter. She sure is growing up!
No comments:
Post a Comment