
This evening we went to the Windmill Museum for their annual wonderland spectacular. Although it does not take very long to walk around it, it has become one of my favorite traditions. This year there were SO many lights because a family from a town near us donated the lights they had in their front yard (people came from all over to check their lights out). It was wonderful! Of course Miles was thrilled to see two trains...are you learning that his life revolves around trains yet? Mallory walked with me and was jabbering away (despite having a bad ear infection...she is recovering though). She was fun to talk with.
Unfortunately it started to sprinkle as we were walking around (love that changing winter weather here). I wish it would have been snow because it would have made the lights even more beautiful. It did not damper our spirits though.

We went to the building on the grounds and searched for Santa. Mallory took one look at him and told me he was not the real Santa and that he was just a helper. She was shy when it was her turn but did manage to tell him that she wanted a Barbie. I thought she would talk his ear off but she didn't. She really is happy with surprises and always hopes he will bring her some. As you can tell...there is no picture with Miles on Santa's lap. He cowered very quickly upon seeing Santa and had his hands up my coat for comfort (I know that probably sounds strange). Santa gave Mallory and Miles both a treat bag and boy oh boy was Mallory excited with the contents! She quickly told me about the coloring book and crayons that were inside...with many other things.

From there we joined Ryan (he was caught talking with a friend about the recent celebrity in our area). Mallory ordered her usual hot chocolate with a cookie of her choice, and Miles went over to get a small box of popcorn with a water. Our trip to the museum, with snacks and drinks, was only $8.50! Talk about a cheap night out!!! About halfway through the box of popcorm (he had some help) I asked Miles if he would like to go back to see Santa and he told me he would. We went back and stood in line while Miles got up the nerve to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas. Mallory kept asking him if he wanted to go up with her and he pointed to me and said, "I want you!" I knew, as you probably do now, how things were going to happen. I tried to get Miles as close to Santa as I could. I tried to get Miles to tell Santa what he wanted and Miles said to me, "No, you!" When I saw that I was not going to get anywhere we (really I) said good-bye to Santa and we were off. I will give Miles credit because he did not cry. Go little man!!!
On our way out there was a waving Santa light and many...many...many luminaries along the road. The volunteers who put in so many hours to make these two weekends so special really should feel proud of their accomplishment. This wonderland event was definitely the best one yet...I cannot wait for next year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment